- Investigators at Dana-Farber have identified a natural molecular pathway that enables cells to burn off calories as heat rather than store them as fat.
- For the third year in a row, U.S. News & World Report named Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center the nation's #1 pediatric cancer program in its new 2016-17 Best Children's Hospitals rankings.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Researchers find cytoreductive nephrectomy may offer an overall survival benefit to patients with metastatic kidney cancer who are treated with targeted therapies.
Tags: Surgery, TargetedTherapy
- The Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI), three of Harvard’s clinical affiliates, including Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), and a biopharmaceutical company have formed a unique collaboration to establish the Boston Autologous Islet Replacement Program (BAIRT) to accelerate a cure for diabetes.
Tags: BasicResearch, StemCellTransplant
- Dana-Farber researcher Stephanie Dougan, PhD, was one of five early-career cancer scientists selected as a 2016 Pew-Stewart Scholar.
- Dana-Farber scientists report a combination of targeted therapies successfully drove HER2-positive breast cancer brain metastases into long-term remissions in mice. The drug combination could provide first long-lasting treatment for HER2-positive breast cancer patients with brain metastases.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Treating head and neck cancer patients with recurrent or metastatic disease with the PD-1 inhibitor pembrolizumab achieved significant clinical responses in nearly a fifth of the patients from a phase II clinical trial.
Tags: HeadNeckCancers, Immunotherapy
- Children with high-risk neuroblastoma whose treatment included two autologous stem-cell transplants were more likely to be cancer-free three years later than patients who underwent a single transplant, according to results of a Phase 3 clinical trial presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. The tandem transplant technique produced even better results when followed with immunotherapy agents.
Tags: Antibody, ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, Immunotherapy
- A crowd-sourcing strategy aimed at accelerating research into metastatic breast cancer has registered more than 2,000 patients from all 50 states in its first seven months, report researchers from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting.
- Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, President and CEO of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, will receive the 2016 Schweitzer Clarion Award for Health Promotion and Education.
Showing 1-10 of 701 items