News tagged ‘Melanoma’ clear
- Dr. Jennifer Lin discussed a bill proposed by Massachusetts lawmakers that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds.
Tags: Melanoma, Prevention
- Dr. Glenn Dranoff talks about a Phase I clinical trial of an implantable vaccine to treat melanoma, the most lethal form of skin cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Melanoma
- Dana-Farber researchers, including Dr. Levi Garraway, have identified two highly "recurrent" mutations that may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.
- Dana-Farber researchers, including Dr. Levi Garraway, have identified two mutations that collectively occur in many malignant melanoma tumors. These highly "recurrent" mutations may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.
- Customized cancer treatment is getting closer to reality, as researchers have come up with single drugs that can treat many different kinds of cancers. One example is Kevetrin, now in Phase I clinical trials at Dana-Farber.
Tags: Melanoma, Nutrition, Prevention
- Dr. Jennifer Lin discussed the new FDA regulations for tanning beds.
Tags: Melanoma, SkinCancer
- Researchers have found mutations in most melanomas that are unlike any seen before. Dr. Levi Garraway says the findings could help explain how melanomas and other cancers develop.