News tagged ‘StemCellTransplant’ clear
- Tim Gilligan recently donated stem cells at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center after hearing that "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts needed a stem cell transplant. Transplant Donor Services manager Cindy Albert explained that the donation process is easy and fairly painless.
- A study by Dr. Gregory Abel showed the overall survival rates were the same in MDS patients age 60 to 65 years who received stem cell transplants compared to patients older than 66 years.
Tags: BasicResearch, StemCellTransplant
- Dr. Robert Soiffer explains how donating bone marrow and stem cells can help save lives, and describes the process for joining a donor registry.
- A study by Dr. Leslie Lehmann shows nearly two-thirds of children receiving stem cell transplants returned to the hospital within six months due to infections and unexplained fevers. Dr. Lehmann says this information will assist in counseling families appropriately and devising interventions.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant
- Dr. David Steensma offers an assessment of the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) related research presented at the 2012 American Society of Hematology meeting.