News tagged ‘ImmuneSystem’ clear
- Dana-Farber scientists have identified a protein that prevents the
body's immune system from recognizing and attacking Hodgkin lymphoma
cells. Based on this finding, the researchers are now investigating
targeted therapies to disable this molecular "bodyguard" and boost a
patient's ability to fight the blood cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, ImmuneSystem, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers have found that the basic cause of age-related
health decline is malfunctioning telomeres — the end-caps on cells'
chromosomes that protect them against DNA damage.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Genetics
- A section of the AIDS virus's protein envelope known as the V3 loop and
once considered an improbable target for a vaccine now appears to be one
of the most promising, according to research authored by Dana-Farber's
Ruth Ruprecht, MD, PhD.
Tags: BasicResearch, ImmuneSystem
- Dana-Farber scientists report in the Journal of Clinical Investigation they have developed a tumor vaccine based on the patient’s tumor to create a strong and selective immune response in some chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Leukemia
- A new study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators demonstrates that vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by perking up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells.
Tags: ColonCancer, ImmuneSystem
- Answering one of the oldest questions in human physiology, researchers
at Dana-Farber have discovered why the body's immune system —
perpetually on guard against foreign microbes like bacteria — doesn't
attack tissues in the small intestine that harbor millions of bacteria
Showing 11-16 of 16 items