News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- Three Dana-Farber Cancer Institute faculty are named Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
Tags: Appointments, Honors
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- William G. Kaelin, Jr., MD, received the 2012 American Society for Clinical Investigation’s Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award in recognition of his contributions to the molecular understanding of cellular oxygen sensing and cellular adaptation to hypoxia.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- The American Society of Hematology will present the 2011 Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology to David G. Nathan, MD, for his career combining outstanding teaching, pioneering research, and excellence in clinical care.
- Two Dana-Farber researchers have been given an award for young investigators who are advancing the field of cancer research. Scott Armstrong, MD, PhD, is being recognized for achievements in cancer stem cell research and genomics; Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, for her pioneering discoveries in breast tissue.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors, TranslationalResearch
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts announced today that
Dana-Farber has been selected as recipient of its second annual Health
Care Excellence Award.
- Boston magazine has named 56 physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to its Top Doctors guide. Published in the magazine’s December issue, the Top Doctors list consists of 650 Boston-area physicians from 57 medical specialties.
- CIO magazine recognized Dana-Farber as exemplifying
high levels of operational and strategic IT excellence with its system
for capturing clinical research study data.
- In the 2008 U.S.News & World Report hospital survey, Dana-Farber is again the highest ranked cancer hospital in New England and fifth in the country.