News tagged ‘LungCancer’ clear
- By conducting simultaneous clinical trials in patients and labs, Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues have been able to predict how patients with non-small cell lung cancer respond to combination therapy.
Tags: LungCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Adding Avastin to standard chemotherapy treatment may not improve survival rates for people with non-small cell lung cancer aged 65 plus, according to Dana-Farber researchers, who further suggest that clinicians exercise caution in including the drug in treatment recommendations.
Tags: chemotherapy, LungCancer
- The study found African Americans are more likely to hold perceptions that could interfere with prevention and treatment and indicate a need for improved public health communication about lung cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- Blacks in the United States are less certain than whites about recommendations to prevent lung cancer and are more fearful of having symptoms evaluated — beliefs that may keep them from seeking timely treatment for the disease, researchers from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute reported at the American Society of Clinical Oncology's annual meeting in Chicago.
Tags: LungCancer, Disparities
- Identifying patients with a specific gene mutation that enables drug
resistance, and treating them with a combination of drugs, may produce
longer remissions, say researchers.
Tags: EGFR, LungCancer
- Researchers at Boston cancer centers have found that a combination of
kinase inhibitors may lead to future treatments for lung cancer, colon
cancer, and prostate tumors.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer
- The National Cancer Institute today released initial results from a large-scale test of screening methods to reduce deaths from lung cancer by detecting cancers at relatively early stages.
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- A widely used diabetes drug dramatically boosted the potency of
platinum-based cancer drugs when administered together to a variety of
cancer cell lines and to mice with tumors, scientists from Dana-Farber
Tags: LungCancer, OvarianCancer
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics