News tagged ‘Lymphoma’ clear
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers found levels of galectin-1, an immunity-related protein, could be the basis of a test, and potentially a targeted treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, Lymphoma
- Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. will recognize George Canellos, MD, an
internationally renowned hematology/oncology expert at Dana Farber
Cancer Institute, for his work in the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's
disease and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: Honors, Lymphoma
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers and their colleagues report a toxin linked to a targeted monoclonal antibody has shown antitumor activity in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomas who were no longer responding to treatment.
- Dana-Farber researchers identify a specific mutation that switches on Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia in one-third of patients, and a drug that targets the mutation — which could lead to better treatments for those patients.
Tags: Genetics, Lymphoma
- Eighty-seven percent of Hodgkin lymphoma patients who participated in an early-phase immunotherapy clinical trial experienced cancer remission.
Tags: Lymphoma, Immunotherapy
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have created a peptide that overcomes drug resistance and reactivates programmed cell death in recurrent blood cancers.
Tags: chemotherapy, DrugResistance, Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers report in the New England Journal of Medicine that ibrutinib, a newly approved drug for Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia, continues to control the rare blood cancer, with 95 percent of patients surviving for two years.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch, Lymphoma