News tagged ‘Survivorship’ clear
- Coping with cancer during the holidays can turn the season from joyful to stressful and full of anxiety. Here's some advice to help patients and their friends and family cope and celebrate this season.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations that will be
published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute shows
rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women
continued to decline between 2003 and 2007.
- The connection between childhood cancer survivors' physical health
issues and their risk for suicidal thoughts points to a need for
integration between physical and emotional post-treatment clinical care.
- The findings suggest childhood cancer survivors and their doctors should
factor the increased likelihood of GI troubles into plans for
monitoring survivors' health.
- Tens of thousands of childhood cancer survivors are now in their 20s, 30s, and beyond, facing life-long risks of treatment-related health issues. Increasingly, primary care physicians will need to be knowledgeable about symptoms and complaints that might be related to cancer treatments their patients received decades ago.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship, Leukemia
- A new report showing that breast cancer patients treated with low doses of radiation therapy have a heightened risk of heart disease suggests that physicians need to work with patients before, during, and after treatment to minimize that risk.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation, Survivorship
- What better way to say "I love you" than with a delicious and healthy meal. Chef Frank McClelland of Boston's four-star restaurant L'Espalier contributes recipes to this romantic dinner. All recipes are available in Dana-Farber's Health Library.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention, Survivorship
- Ann Partridge, MD, MPH, is named the director of Dana-Farber's Adult Survivorship Program and the Lance Armstrong Foundation Clinic. An accomplished clinician-researcher, Partridge is nationally recognized for contributions to the fields of breast cancer in young women and cancer survivorship.
Tags: Appointments, Survivorship
- Dana-Farber is providing cancer patients and survivors, and their families, access to more than 60 diseases-specific online communities that enables them to connect with others in a private, confidential, and secure environment.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- During National Nutrition Month®, the nutrition team at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute reminds everyone that maintaining a healthy diet that is rich in plant-based foods is one of the best ways to help prevent cancer. Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a nutritionist at Dana-Farber, discusses five of her favorite cancer-fighting foods.
Tags: Nutrition, Survivorship