A Study of Sunitinib In Young Patients With Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor
Phase: Phase 1/Phase 2
Diagnosis: Pediatric Oncology, Pediatric Solid Tumors
NCT ID: NCT01396148
(View complete trial on ClinicalTrials.gov)
DFCI Protocol ID: 12-106
Children and young adults with gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) will be treated with sunitinib. The safety (including pharmacokinetics) and tolerability of sunitinib will be studied in these patients. In addition, tumor responses and overall survival will be assessed.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston
Katherine Janeway, MD,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Childrens Hospital Pediatric Clinical Translation Investigation Program CTIP,
- Histological diagnosis of GIST.
- Patients with Stem Cell Factor Receptor gene (KIT)-mutant GIST must have demonstrated
either disease progression or intolerance to imatinib mesylate.
- Measurable by Response Evaluation Criterion in Solid Tumors (RECIST) or evaluable
- Current treatment with another investigational agent.
- Prior sunitinib treatment.
- Prior therapy with known risk for cardiovascular complications.