We deliver advanced, compassionate outpatient clinical care at several locations, including at our state-of-the-art Yawkey Center for Cancer Care in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, which
was designed with patient input to facilitate patient flow and optimize patient care.
The Yawkey Center connects to other Dana-Farber buildings and to our clinical partners, Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) and Boston Children's Hospital (BCH) — providing patients with seamless coordination of care.
The Yawkey Center's advanced design fosters collaboration between clinicians and researchers. Bridges connect treatment areas to related research labs.
To accommodate expanding demand, we also opened Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Chestnut Hill, a substantial new outpatient clinic in Chestnut Hill, MA.
Medical oncologists within the department provide inpatient care to cancer patients hospitalized at BWH and the Dana-Farber inpatient hospital. Trained oncologists in our Hospitalist Medicine division focus their clinical
efforts entirely on specialized inpatient care.
For hospitalized patients, our clinical centers coordinate highly specialized care from surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other providers, and also incorporate palliative care, survivorship,
pathology, and imaging into everyday care.
The department operates or oversees multiple cancer programs in the region, extending the geographic area in which we can provide care of the highest quality and level of innovation. Our community sites include:
Clinical Programs and Initiatives
Our department's recent clinical care initiatives include:
- Improved new-patient access with next-day appointments
- Development of an Acute Care Clinic to provide same-day outpatient evaluation and symptom management for Longwood-based adult patient
- Detailed algorithms for the treatment or referral of specific toxic manifestations, including immunotherapy
- New inpatient specialized-care service for patients with suspected or proven immunotherapy-related toxicity
- Establishment of the Cancer Diagnostic Service for rapid workup and diagnosis of undiagnosed patients suspected of having cancer
See Dana-Farber's Chinese-language website.
See Dana-Farber's Spanish language website.
Learn more about clinical trials at Dana-Farber.
Learn about basic research at Dana-Farber.