At the Colon and Rectal Cancer Center, our mission is to deliver compassionate, multi-disciplinary, leading-edge colon and rectal cancer care, providing patients and their families with access to a comprehensive range of services based on specialized treatment modalities and innovative research.
We created the Colon and Rectal Cancer Center to give each patient the best outcome possible. Our Center's highly specialized clinical team brings together experts from two world-class medical centers — Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women's Hospita l— who are changing the way colon and rectal cancer is studied, diagnosed, and treated. This approach includes genetic screening, family
risk assessment, specialized endoscopic treatments, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, targeted therapies, clinical trials, and recurrence prevention.
We have expertise treating patients at all stages of colon and rectal cancer, including those with straightforward diagnoses, as well as those with complex conditions who need cross-disciplinary expertise. Each of our patients receives the most comprehensive care possible. We work closely as a team to consider any and all options and create a customized treatment plan for every patient.
Our medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists, endoscopy specialists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, and pathologists work every day to improve outcomes for patients with colon or rectal cancer, as they research new ways to prevent, diagnose, and treat these diseases. We offer an approach to treatment that includes:
- The latest thinking in
precision cancer medicine for colon and rectal cancer.
- Highly advanced diagnostic procedures.
- Treatment based on personalized genetic testing and current research.
- Experienced physicians who specialize in treating people with heightened genetic risk.
clinical trials for early-stage and metastatic colon cancer, as well as for survivors of colon cancer, including trials with novel and targeted therapies and immunotherapies.
- Sphincter-preserving operations for rectal cancer patients.
- Laparoscopic, minimally-invasive and robotic surgical procedures.
- A team of
surgical oncologists specializing in metastases of the liver.
- Advanced interventional radiology techniques, such as radiofrequency ablation and radioembolization.
- State-of-the-art techniques for the planning and delivery of radiation therapy, with treatment plans developed in collaboration with medical and surgical oncologists.
- Our unique
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery program.
- Easy access and timely appointments, including next-day appointments, if requested.
Learn about how we
diagnose and treat colon cancer.
Learn about how we
diagnose and treat rectal cancer.