Save on Taxes and Defy Cancer
You can make a valuable impact on Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's groundbreaking research and comprehensive patient care through these easy and tax smart giving options:
- Donor-Advised Funds: Give through your donor-advised fund to maximize your impact on the fight against cancer. Your fund sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts. Plus, it's easy to do and doesn't impact your current cash flow.
- Individual Retirement Account: If you or a family member are 70½ or older with an individual retirement account (IRA), you can make a tax-free gift to Dana-Farber directly from your IRA. This is called a qualified charitable distribution. Plus, if you are 73 or older, your gift may satisfy your required minimum distribution and lower your taxable income. Learn what new tax laws could mean for your savings and your giving.
- Appreciated Securities: Make a gift of stock or securities to support our lifesaving mission and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation of your stock
- Life Income Gifts: Receive partially tax-free lifetime income and take an immediate charitable deduction while saving lives. Charitable gift annuity payout rates are higher than they have been in over a decade, making now a great time to consider this gift that benefits you and Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
- Will or Trust: This simple and flexible gift entitles your estate to an unlimited federal estate tax charitable deduction, and creates a legacy to help others.
Your Support Helps to Defy Cancer
Here are a few examples of how Dana-Farber is changing cancer research and care:
- Dana-Farber played a critical role in developing nearly one in four FDA-approved cancer drugs in the last ten years
- Our total patient care model serves physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and families
- Dana-Farber pioneered Profile, one of the broadest and most comprehensive enterprise-level, patient-based cancer genomics projects in the world
Are you a financial advisor?
Please see our Resources for Advisors for more information.