Patient Safety and Advocacy
Dana-Farber is dedicated to safe, effective, compassionate, patient-centered care. Quality care and patient safety are at the core of our mission and vision. We are a world leader in providing and measuring quality care for all patients, and advancing safe, efficient, and equitable practices.
In this section, explore how we ensure patient safety, handle issues related to care, work with patient councils to improve services, and support LGBTQ patients.
- Safety Information for Patients: As a patient at Dana-Farber, you may receive medications to treat your illness. The doctors, nurses, and pharmacists who take care of you will do everything they can to keep you safe during your treatment.
- Patient/Family Relations Program: As part of our commitment to excellence in care, our patient/family relations staff is here to work with you to address concerns about your treatment and experience at Dana-Farber.
- Patient and Family Advisory Councils: Since their inception in 1998, Dana-Farber’s Patient and Family Advisory Councils work to improve the patient experience and ensure patient- and family-centered care.
- LGBTQ+ Patient Care and Support: Dana-Farber provides the latest, most innovative treatment available to LGBTQ+ patients challenged with cancer, as well as compassion and support to their families and loved ones.
- Chaperone Policy for Patients: A chaperone is someone who acts as a witness for a patient and a clinician. We will provide a chaperone for you or your provider if you request one to be there during a physical examination or diagnostic procedure.