The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Chestnut Hill location expands the availability of world-class cancer care in the Boston area. The location provides the same care as the Longwood Medical Area (LMA) campus, with many of the same physicians.
Our expert, multi-disciplinary care is delivered in a state-of-the-art hospital facility designed to maintain the Disease Center model of care that patients are familiar with at the Longwood Medical Area campus.
Clinical groups practicing at Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill include:
- Breast Oncology
- Cancer Genetics and Prevention
- Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Genitourinary Oncology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Palliative Care
- Psychosocial Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
Patient Care Services
Our Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill facility offers lab services, private exam rooms, infusion bays, and a range of patient care services, including:
- Clinical Trials: Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill offers access to a diverse range of clinical trials, which is part of our commitment to bring the latest and most effective therapies to patients. Some clinical trials will require that we prepare the medicine offsite in our pharmacy at Dana-Farber’s Yawkey Center for Cancer Care and ship to Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill that same day. This can add additional waiting time before the start of infusion for some patients on clinical trials at Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill.
- Imaging Services: Imaging exams help your care team see how your cancer is responding to treatment. Scans available will include x-ray, mammography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound. Nuclear medicine and PET/CT scans will be available at a later date.
- Nutrition Services: Our registered dietitians have special training in oncology and integrative nutrition. They will work with you and other members of your care team to tailor an eating plan that fits with your diagnosis and treatment, address changes in appetite or weight manage the side effects of cancer treatment, and more.
- Pharmacy: Our pharmacy will be able to prepare infusion medications on-site and offer a specialty pharmacy able to fill a range of prescriptions for you.
- Social Workers: Licensed clinical social workers can counsel, guide, and support you and your family as you cope with the impact of illness. These services are available by request or by referral from your doctor or nurse.
- Financial Counselors: A financial counselor can help with questions about financial assistance, insurance coverage, MassHealth, payment questions, price estimates, and more.
- Center for Education and Support: Learn more about your diagnosis, find programs that may interest you, ask questions, and more at the Center. The Center also offers computer access, free workshops, and educational materials.