Treatment for Childhood Brain Tumors
The Childhood Brain Tumor Center at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center is a world-renowned destination for children with malignant and non-malignant brain and spinal cord tumors. Our patients receive care from neurologists, neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, and pediatric subspecialists with extensive expertise in the conditions we treat.
Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Dana-Farber/Boston Children's offers patients the most advanced diagnostics and treatments available, including:
- Expert diagnosis and treatment of rare and complex pediatric brain tumors. Our comprehensive program is comprised of specialists in treating brain tumors in children. Learn more about the brain tumor types we treat.
- Access to a range of clinical trials through our membership in the Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium (PBTC), a group of the top children’s hospitals across the country that are seeking to pioneer superior treatments for children with brain tumors.
- Advanced technology like intraoperative MRI, which allows our neurosurgeons to simultaneously perform surgery on brain tumors and obtain multiple images to ensure maximal tumor removal without the need for multiple surgeries.
- Access to New England’s only pediatric PET (positron emission tomography) scanner and PET fusion imaging, which provide precise anatomical and functional images to help guide treatment decisions.
- Specialized programs providing world-class treatment of low- and high-grade gliomas and medulloblastoma.
- Expert second opinions for complex medical questions or decisions regarding a new diagnosis or treatment plan for your child.
- Care and advocacy for survivors of childhood cancer, including the Stop & Shop Family Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Outcomes Clinic, addressing the long-term needs of pediatric brain tumor survivors.