Volunteering at Dana-Farber is a rewarding and enriching experience. Dana-Farber staff, donors, and volunteers all work toward a common goal of defeating cancer. As a supplemental resource for patients and families, volunteers who work at Dana-Farber are closely linked to this mission, as are those who volunteer at events that raise essential funds to support it. Volunteers are committed and reliable people who make a very real difference, everywhere they work.
Please read all the information on this site carefully before applying for a volunteer placement. For additional information on volunteer placements at the Institute, please contact Volunteer Services at 617-632-3307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lubin Family Volunteer Services Department at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is committed to providing compassionate, well-trained resourceful volunteers to assist staff and patients, their families and friends.
We expect volunteers to be reliable, committed to their volunteer service, and available on a regular basis.
The following are the requirements to be a volunteer at Dana-Farber:
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteer placements are Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Volunteers are expected to make a commitment of at least one year. Shifts may be weekly or monthly depending on your role.
- For weekly, volunteers must commit to a four-hour shift each week for a period of one year. Please expect to have the same schedule every week.
Volunteer Opportunities are available at:
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Longwood Medical Area
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Chestnut Hill
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - Merrimack Valley
- Remote Opportunities
- And more to come...
We will review your application to determine eligibility for a placement, and then call you for an interview with a volunteer services staff member. We select volunteers for placement based on availability, time commitment, interests, and skills.
Before You Begin
Once you are interviewed and selected as a volunteer, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete on-boarding forms and paperwork
- CORI Form background check
- Complete an orientation
- If on-site, an occupational health clearance; required to have documentation of flu vaccine, Tb test, and COVID-19 vaccine and booster.