All Dana-Farber/Boston Children's patients have access to the entire spectrum of expertise that is required to treat pediatric cancers and blood disorders. Pediatric patients of the Childhood Hematologic Malignancy Center and its specialized programs for leukemia, lymphoma, and histiocytosis are each assigned a multidisciplinary team that works closely together to create and carry out a treatment plan carefully tailored to the child’s specific needs.
Patient care teams include:
- Pediatric hematologists and oncologists
- Pediatric surgical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Stem cell transplant specialists
In addition, our teams also draw on the expertise and knowledge of a variety of subspecialists and support staff available to Dana-Farber/Boston Children's patients, including:
- Medical specialists (pulmonologists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, neurologists, and infectious disease specialists)
- Clinical assistants
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Child life specialists
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- School specialists
Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s offers a wide array of support services and programs for pediatric patients and their families during and after cancer treatment.