Treatment for Childhood Solid Tumors
Pediatric specialists at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Solid Tumor Center provide unparalleled expertise in diagnosing, managing, and treating solid tumors in children. Parents and caregivers choose us for their child’s cancer treatment because of our:
- Expert diagnosis and treatment of rare and complex solid tumors: We care for children with the full range of solid tumors, including sarcomas, carcinomas, neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and more. Our comprehensive program includes specialists in many solid tumor types. Learn more about solid tumor types that we treat.
- Pioneering clinical trials: We offer access to many types of clinical trials. Children with newly diagnosed solid tumors and children with recurrent disease may be eligible to participate in one of our many open clinical trials.
- Highly specialized pediatric cancer doctors: Our world-renowned program draws doctors who are highly specialized in their fields. These experts come together to form your child’s comprehensive medical team. They will continue to work together from diagnosis through treatment, ensuring your child receives the best care possible.
Patient care teams include:
- Pediatric oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Hepatologists (liver specialists)
- Nephrologists (kidney specialists)
- Transplant physicians
Meet our Childhood Solid Tumor Center Team.
In addition, our teams also draw on the expertise and knowledge of a variety of subspecialists and support staff available to Dana-Farber/Boston Children's patients, including:
- Medical specialists (pulmonologists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, neurologists, and infectious disease specialists)
- Clinical assistants
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Child life specialists
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- School specialists
Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s offers a wide array of support services and programs for pediatric patients and their families during and after cancer treatment.