At the Pancreas and Biliary Tumor Center of Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center, our mission is to combine world-class patient care with leading-edge research – to provide highly effective, personalized treatment options for patients with pancreatic and biliary disease. Our experienced and compassionate team of providers uses the most advanced diagnostics and state-of-the-art science to understand each patient's tumor at the molecular level. And our robust clinical trial portfolio gives our patients access to the latest and most sophisticated therapies tailored to their tumor.
Our nationally-recognized clinicians and scientists are advancing the understanding of pancreatic and biliary diseases – leading to new approaches for diagnosis and treatment. The uniquely collaborative and patient-centered environment at the Pancreas and Biliary Tumor Center provides the most sophisticated and compassionate care possible for every patient who comes for diagnosis or treatment.
The Center's renowned clinical team provides timely, compassionate, and comprehensive multidisciplinary care across the full spectrum of cancer services, including:
- Advanced diagnostic procedures
- Evaluation of cystic lesions
- Pathologic and molecular testing of tumor specimens
- Complex surgical procedures
- Radiation therapy (including radiosurgery techniques)
- Leading-edge clinical trials
- Nutrition and palliative care consultations
- Genetic testing and counseling for families with a cancer history
Our Expertise Makes Us a Resource
At the Pancreas and Biliary Tumor Center, clinicians and researchers are working every day to improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of pancreatic and biliary tumors.
- Provides second-opinion consultations and guidance to colleagues throughout the country and the world.
- Enables patients to learn about, and enroll in, clinical trials testing the latest approaches to diagnosis and treatment.
- Educates patients and practitioners about the management of pancreatic and biliary tumors, including both benign diseases and cancerous tumors. We host evening patient education sessions, as well as regular educational conferences for the medical community.
- Trains future leaders in all facets of pancreaticobiliary disease.
- Functions as a home and collaborative hub for research studies on pancreaticobiliary cancer.
- Coordinates activities and events to raise awareness about pancreaticobiliary cancer and facilitate fund-raising opportunities to support critical research efforts.
- Provides a model for patient-centered care built on the foundation of cutting-edge research.
Multidisciplinary Pancreatic Cancer Clinic
Our Multidisciplinary Pancreatic Cancer Clinic coordinates appointments for pancreatic cancer patients, making clinic visits as streamlined as possible. For appropriate patients our team schedules back-to-back visits with providers, including medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists, on the same day. While at the clinic, patients will also begin and end their day meeting with an advanced practice provider who will review medical records, ensure proper tests and imaging are done, and walk each patient through their care. This convenient approach to scheduling enables patients to receive the highest level of care as soon as possible.
Learn about how we diagnose and treat pancreatic cancer and pancreatic cysts.
Learn about how we diagnose and treat biliary cancer (bile duct and gallbladder) and biliary cysts.