Most inpatient care is provided on the 6th floor at Boston Children’s Hospital. The newly-expanded inpatient unit includes private rooms for patients and family members who may need to stay overnight. The new unit provides more spacious rooms and hallways, an outdoor garden and a new resource room. Neuro-oncology patients on the ninth floor can also take advantage of the new addition and garden.
What the Inpatient Unit Offers
- Accommodations for a parent, so children staying overnight never have to be alone
- Family lounges, activity rooms, an outdoor garden available only to oncology and hematology patients and families, laundry facilities, and a special resource room filled with educational and fun activities
- Kid-friendly treatment rooms designated for blood drawing, diagnostic imaging, surgery and other procedures
- Kitchens with separate refrigerators to store patient and parent food
- Each patient room has a private wardrobe, storage space, and entertainment features, including a TV with a VCR or DVD player, PlayStation 2, and Internet access.