What Is Vaginal Cancer?
Our gynecologic oncology specialists diagnose and treat dozens of patients with vaginal cancer, and are setting treatment guidelines for other physicians around the world.
Because gynecologic cancers can have a wide range of physical and emotional effects, we've assembled a team of experts from many disciplines to help you and your family cope with cancer and its treatment. Our clinicians will work closely with you to develop an individualized treatment plan suited to your situation.
Why Choose Us
If you or a loved one has vaginal cancer, the vaginal cancer team at the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Gynecologic Oncology Program at Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center is here to help. The internationally recognized team of experts at the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers is dedicated to providing compassionate care and personalized diagnosis, treatment, and support all of our vaginal cancer patients and their loved ones.
We provide comprehensive services to patients with vaginal cancers, including:
- A team of gynecologic oncology specialists who diagnose and treat dozens of patients with vaginal cancer, and are setting treatment guidelines for other physicians around the world.
- The program's team of gynecologic pathologists, among the largest of its kind, has deep expertise in diagnosing vaginal cancer and has made many significant discoveries regarding the early development of gynecologic cancers.
- Our GYN surgical oncologists perform minimally-invasive surgical techniques that preserve healthy tissue and reduce recovery time.
- Our physicians' pioneering research into radiation and concurrent chemotherapy treatment has led to improved survival rates for women with vaginal cancer.
- Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center was the first facility in the United States to offer MR-guided radiation implant treatment, a more targeted approach that minimizes damage to surrounding tissue. The radioactive seed implantation is performed under real-time MR guidance using a unique GE Signa® system – one of only a few in the world.
- Our physicians were the first to publish excellent clinical outcomes of the use of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) with dose constraints to protect surrounding tissue.
- We offer specialized care for women with sexual health or fertility concerns, and access to a wide array of support services and survivorship care.
- Multidisciplinary care delivered by specialists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s Hospital