Genetic Testing for Breast, Ovarian, Pancreatic and Prostate Cancers – GeneBOPP
This study is evaluating the effect of two pre-test education methods on participants
interested in genetic testing for hereditary cancer risk.
- Potentially eligible participants will be identified via medical record screening
and/or in accordance with their clinical visit. A HIPAA waiver of authorization will
be obtained by the enrolling Institution as needed to have access to the subject's
medical record information for screening of eligibility.
- A member of the study team will approach the potentially eligible participant in
clinic and discuss the trial. Potentially eligible participants may choose to discuss
participation further with their physician at their appointment
- Age ≥ 18 years
- Breast, ovarian, pancreatic, or metastatic prostate cancer
- No prior cancer genetic testing
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign an informed consent document
- Inability to understand English as a spoken language in a healthcare context
- Known hematologic malignancy (e.g. CLL)