Condition(s):CNS Tumor, Childhood, Pediatric Cancer, Skin Inflammation
Principal Investigator:Huang, Jennifer
Site Research Nurse(s):Aspri, Tristan,
This research study is examining a preventive skin care regimen for children diagnosed with a
brain tumor and receiving anti-cancer therapy with a MEK, Pan-RAF, or BRAF inhibitor.
- Diagnosed with a brain tumor between ages 6 months old -18 years old and will undergo
treatment with at least one of the following:
1. Targeted BRAF inhibitor therapy to treat the brain tumor
2. Targeted MEK inhibitor therapy to treat the brain tumor
3. Targeted pan-RAF inhibitor therapy to treat the brain tumor
- Subjects may participate in other studies, including therapeutic trials.
- Ability to comply with PSCR including sun protection, gentle skin care and every other
day dilute bleach baths.
- Ability to understand and/or the willingness of their parent or legally authorized
representative to sign a written informed consent document.
- Diagnosed with brain tumor at > 18 years old
- No data in medical records regarding treatment exposures
- Treated with a BRAF, MEK or pan-RAF inhibitor in the last three months
- Past or present allergic reaction to bleach
- Past or present allergic reactions to sunscreen and/or creams, lotions, emollients to
be utilized in this study
Protocol #: 19-579