The incredible challenges that come with a cancer diagnosis are significant, and the new pressures and vulnerabilities brought forth by COVID-19 make navigating cancer even more difficult. Dana-Farber is continuing to do everything it can to ensure that
our patients and families — and the brave staff who care for them — are kept as safe as possible.
During this time of uncertainty, many supporters are asking how to help. We remain immensely grateful for your continued generosity and active involvement.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dana-Farber swiftly established the Emergency Response Fund as part of our commitment to meet the needs of our patients and their families. Now more than ever, unrestricted and flexible funding plays a vital role in providing patients with the treatment
and support they desperately need. A donation of any size will support:
- Significant and unanticipated costs to help keep our cancer patients safe throughout their care at Dana-Farber. Patient safety is a top priority, and added protective equipment, supplies, procedures, and staffing have been put in place.
- New expenses for immediate implementation of telehealth technology that allows our patients and families to visit with their Dana-Farber care team virtually, from the safety of
their homes. Within the first couple of weeks of implementing this new technology, we scheduled thousands of visits, and we anticipate further growth in telemedicine volume.
- Pressing financial strains felt by patients, their partners, and caregivers who lose employment and/or experience disruptions in dependent care due to school and other related closures.
- A gap in unrestricted, flexible funding for research and care due to the cancellation and postponement of hundreds of fundraising events benefitting Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund. Our spring events usually raise millions of dollars, and this critical
gap needs to be filled to ensure our patients continue to receive lifesaving treatments and breakthrough science does not stall.
Donations of PPE
If you are able to make a donation of PPE, please contact Adam Reich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a nation-wide shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE). PPE is vital to the health and well-being of the Dana-Farber community, especially our immunocompromised patients. We are seeking donations of new and unopened:
- N95 face masks
- KN95 face masks
- General/surgical/exam face masks
- Nitrile exam gloves
- Face shields/eye goggles
- Precaution gowns
- Nasopharyngeal and oral pharyngeal swab kits
- Hand sanitizer
We gratefully extend an enormous thank you to the following companies that have already donated their PPE to us:
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities
- BeiGene Inc.
- Blick Art Supply
- BoroBot Inc.
- Boston Red Sox
- Cambridge Dental
- CeraVe / Roche Posay
- Chinese Community in Massachusetts
- CJ Chemical
- C&W Services
- Enlight Foundation
- Gillbane Building Co.
- Harbour Biomed
- Kids Clothes Club
- MORE Health
- Pandemic Responders
- Sila Nanotechnologies
- SiteOne Therapeutics
- St. Lucia Healthcare Management Corp.
- Tencent Charity Foundation
- Turner Construction
- Vistaprint Corporate Solutions
- Waters Corporation
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
Special thanks to Tencent Charity Foundation for its extraordinary donation — the largest single gift of PPE that Dana-Farber has yet received.
Blood and Platelet Donations in Consideration of COVID-19
Because our patients depend on lifesaving blood and platelets, we encourage individuals who are healthy and eligible to please to donate at the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center or
our Mobile Unit. Please contact the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center at 617-632-3206 or email us at email@example.com.
We are heartened and deeply inspired by the work and sense of purpose at Dana-Farber and in our greater Boston community as we come together to meet this challenge. We are profoundly grateful to you for your support in this all-encompassing effort.