Please read the Boston Athletic Association’s statement announcing that the 2020 Boston Marathon® will be held virtually. We look forward to learning more about the virtual offerings and how we will take part in this unique celebration. DFMC’s commitment to conquer cancer continues, and we will never stop striving for that ultimate finish line: a world without cancer.
The Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC), in collaboration with the Boston Athletic Association, offers the exciting opportunity to run the Boston Marathon® while raising critical funds to benefit the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative
Basic Cancer Research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Since taking its first steps in 1990, DFMC has raised more than $100 million, resulting in improved survival rates and quality of life for cancer patients everywhere.
About the race course:
The historic Boston Marathon course starts in picturesque Hopkinton and travels through eight towns and cities to the grand finale in Boston's Copley Square.
Each team member receives:
- Guaranteed race entry
- Special recognition for top fundraisers
- Fundraising tips and tools, including a personal fundraising web page
- Dana-Farber race singlet and training apparel
- Exclusive pre-race and post-race amenities
- Team pre-race dinner and ceremonies
- Boston-area weekly training runs
- Training program designed by 1976 Boston Marathon® Men’s Open Division Champion, Jack Fultz
For more information, please visit www.rundfmc.org.