You can make a valuable impact on Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s groundbreaking research and comprehensive patient care through these easy and tax-efficient giving options:
- Gifts of Cash: The CARES Act allows taxpayers who take the standard deduction to make charitable contributions to qualified charities of up to $300 for single filers and $600 for married couples filing jointly. Itemizers can deduct up to 100% of adjusted gross income. As of now, this only applies to 2020.
Donor-Advised Funds: Give through your donor-advised fund to maximize your impact on the fight against cancer. Your fund sponsor handles all
record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
Stock or Securities: Make a gift of stock or securities to support a lifesaving mission and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation of your stock.
Individual Retirement Account: If you or a family member are 70½ or older with an individual retirement account (IRA), you can make a tax-free gift to
Dana-Farber directly from your IRA. This is called a qualified charitable distribution.
- The FAQs on the SECURE Act: The Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act was enacted January 1, 2020. With it came
many questions for those who are planning for retirement, retired or who are retiring in the near future. Learn more
- Life Income Gifts: Earn income for yourself or beneficiaries when you create a
Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) or
Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) to benefit Dana-Farber.
Your support fuels groundbreaking discoveries and initiatives
Here are a few examples of how Dana-Farber is changing cancer research and care.
- Led discovery, development, or clinical testing of 41 of 100 FDA new cancer drugs approved
- Developed 22 of the novel cancer drugs added to the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines
- Discovered the pathways to PDL1 and PD-L2 — a breakthrough that ignited the field of immunology
- Pioneered Profile, one of the broadest and most comprehensive enterprise-level, patient-based cancer genomics projects in the world
Please call Dana-Farber's Philanthropy office at 617-632-6099, or email Kimberly Mougenel.
Are you a financial advisor?
Please see our Resources for Advisors for more information.