The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute website is intended to provide general information about the Institute, its care and research programs, and about cancer and related diseases. This site also provides links to health information that may be written by
Dana-Farber staff or by outside providers, and access (links) to some external websites for your convenience. Dana-Farber is not responsible for the availability, accuracy, or content of these external sites, nor does it endorse them.
No Medical Advice Given
This site is not an attempt to practice medicine or provide specific medical advice, nor does the use of the site establish a doctor-patient relationship. For medical treatment or answers to personal questions, we strongly encourage you to consult
with a qualified health care provider. For advice about your own care, please ask your doctor!
Restrictions on Use
You assume full responsibility for using the information on this site, and you understand and agree that Dana-Farber is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage resulting from its use. While we try to keep the information on the site as
accurate as possible, we disclaim any warranty concerning its accuracy, timeliness, and completeness, and any other warranty, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Dana-Farber also does not
warrant that access to the site will be error- or virus-free.
The Dana-Farber website does not host or receive funding from advertising.
Material on the Dana-Farber website is protected by copyright law. Unless otherwise stated, users may print or download information from this site for personal, non-commercial use only. Permission to reprint or otherwise reproduce any document in whole
or in part is prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the copyright owner.
Information for Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (the "DCMA") Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Inc. ("Dana-Farber") is registered as a Service Provider with the United States Copyright Office. Notifications of copyright infringement
claims occurring on Dana-Farber's network should be reported to our designated agent, as follows:
Hilary Libka, Esq.
Intellectual Property Counsel
Office of General Counsel, BP 376
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Any such notice must be in writing, and must include the following information as required by the DMCA:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Dana-Farber to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.