- On June 1st, Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care (DFCCC) will begin providing oncology services at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen.
- A new technology developed at Dana-Farber may make it possible to target "undruggable" proteins and overcome drug resistance by using a cancer cell's own protein-degrading machinery to destroy, not just inhibit, cancer proteins.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy
- First study of the genomic composition of prostate cancer shows many patients have gene mutations that can be targeted with existing or potential drugs.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center has a new website to connect patients and physicians with information about precision cancer medicine, including resources on what precision cancer is and how it can be applied to cancer care today.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dana-Farber's Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been selected as one of 26 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, ProstateCancer
- Patients whose metastatic stomach or esophageal cancers were driven by a mutated HER2 gene had markedly improved response rates and survival when bevacizumab (Avastin) was added to a standard drug combination according to a new study led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute,
- New findings led by researchers at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center show informing parents about their child’s cancer prognosis – even when the prognosis is less than favorable – is much more likely to give parents peace of mind and hope rather than increase their anxiety or cause them to become depressed.
- Research led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute showed a new drug combination lengthened the lives of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, all of whom had exhausted available standard treatments.
- A new blood test could greatly improve triage of victims of radiation accidents by rapidly predicting who will survive, who will die, and who should receive immediate medical countermeasures, according to scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Showing 11-20 of 609 items