The Postdoc and Graduate Student Affairs Office (PGSAO) promotes the educational and career growth of more than 600 postdoctoral fellows and graduate students at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI). The PGSAO helps to expand on laboratory-based research training by offering a welcoming, supportive environment and a variety of services for enhancing professional development.
The PGSAO supports postdocs by:
- Providing symposia, seminars, a retreat, and editing services so postdocs can:
- Establish a career plan and meet their goals.
- Successfully compete for extramural fellowships and educational grants.
- Enhance their writing skills for successful manuscript and journal article publication.
- Learn the skills necessary to transition from training to a long-term career, such as networking, resume preparation, interviewing and negotiation.
- Offering a guidebook that covers frequently asked questions at Dana-Farber.
- Working with Dana-Farber Human Resources to maintain minimum salary standards and benefits.