Engaging and Supporting a Diverse and Inclusive Staff
At Dana-Farber, we're working to increase diversity among our faculty, staff, and leadership. Our efforts will help us create an inclusive and diverse medical and research community that better reflects the people we serve; engages and supports our inclusive staff; and expands access to professional opportunities and advancement for all.
In keeping with these efforts, we are committed to:
- Increasing the diversity of our leadership
- Creating an inclusive work environment that engages and retains our talent
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at Dana-Farber
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) build a unified sense of community among staff; offer group members professional and personal development opportunities; and provide access to Institute leaders as a way to influence meaningful change.
For Dana-Farber employees, ERGs also provide an important path to learning about our differences and similarities — creating a dialogue of understanding among staff from all areas of our Institute.
Dana-Farber ERGs include:
- Mosaic: The Mosaic ERG celebrates and contributes to the cultural and racial diversity of the Dana-Farber community.
- LGBTQ+ & Friends: The LGBTQ+ & Friends ERG fosters an inclusive environment by promoting, supporting, and increasing awareness of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Caregivers Alliance: The Caregivers Alliance ERG offers an inclusive community for all caregivers to gather and support each other.
- Young Professionals: The Young Professionals ERG promotes interactions among emerging leaders through social and professional networking events, community service, and professional development opportunities.
- Underrepresented Early Career Scientists: The Underrepresented Early Career Scientists ERG provides mentorship opportunities for post-undergraduate scientists who have not yet attained senior-level positions.