At the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers
Breast Oncology Program at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC), our team of experts works together to provide compassionate and comprehensive care for patients with breast cancer. We are
committed to providing every patient with the best and most personalized treatment options available, taking advantage of the full range of services of a top-ranked cancer hospital and research center.
Exceptional Care for Patients with Breast Cancer
- Extensive experience in diagnosing and managing even the most complicated cases.
- Compassionate and experienced clinicians. Our doctors and nurses specialize in breast cancer care, drawing on the latest discoveries to provide highly advanced patient care.
- Personalized treatment plans based on you, your needs, and the details of your specific cancer situation.
- The latest and most advanced care possible. Our teams have developed approaches that are changing the way doctors are caring for patients around the world.
- An average of 50 clinical trials available at all times for all stages of breast cancer.
- Tissue-preserving procedures and precise surgical and radiation therapy techniques that provide the best results possible. We also are leaders in breast reconstruction.
- Specialty care designed specifically for young women with breast cancer, women with inflammatory breast cancer, and women with hereditary breast cancer. These are model programs being replicated around the country.
- Expert symptom management teams to help you feel better throughout your treatment.
- Genetic evaluation for patients who have a personal or family history that suggests an inherited risk of or tendency to develop breast cancer.
- Access to social workers, psychiatry, integrative therapies, pain specialists, nutritionists and exercise physiologist.
- Access to fertility specialists who have unique expertise in providing care to women who are battling cancer and have concerns about future fertility.