Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Clinic is one of the world's premier centers for pediatric cancer treatment and research. It encourages hope for children with cancer and their families. Designed especially for the comfort and convenience of pediatric cancer patients and their families, the Jimmy Fund Clinic follows the "family-centered care" philosophy of Institute founder Dr. Sidney Farber, assuring that a patient's psychological, family, and spiritual needs are met as well their medical needs.
The Jimmy Fund Clinic includes:
- A new, expansive infusion room with both shared and private spaces and various activity options.
- Multiple consultation rooms to provide families private meeting spaces.
- Procedure rooms designed to allow procedures such as spinal taps during patient appointments; the ability to provide sedation for procedures assures patient comfort and convenience.
- The Blum Pediatric Resource Room, with resources for parents and activities and iPads for children and teens.
- Its own independent pharmacy.
Jimmy Fund Clinic Resources
- Consultation and isolation rooms provide private meeting areas for your child and family to meet with members of our care team before, during and after treatment.
- Complementary therapies, such as massage and music therapy are available. (Complementary therapies for both children and adults also can be accessed through the Leonard P. Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies at Dana-Farber.)
- An activities coordinator and adolescent activities specialist distract young children, play games with older children, and organize outside events, such as baseball games and holiday parties.
- A child life specialist in the Blum Resource Room provides access to educational books, video tapes, and DVDs, as well as Internet access and educational programs.
Jimmy Fund Clinic (for established patients): 617-632-3270
On weekdays, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., established patients should use the number above for scheduling and appointment requests; medical and symptom management questions; prescription refill requests; and general questions.
- For prescription refills, medical questions, letters and forms, and all non-scheduling related questions, press 1.
- For new patients, press 2.
- To schedule infusion, labs, or an exam visit with your oncology provider in the Jimmy Fund Clinic, press 3.
- To schedule a radiology exam or other appointments at Boston Children’s Hospital, press 4.
New patients/second opinions: 888-733-4662
New brain tumor patients: 617-632-2680
New stem cell transplantation patients: 888-733-4662
Evenings (after 5:00 p.m.), holidays and weekends:
- Solid tumor, neuro-oncology, and hematologic malignancy patients: Call 617-632-3352 and ask for the pediatric oncology provider on call.
- Stem cell transplantation patients: Call 617-632-3352 and ask for the pediatric stem cell transplant provider on call.
- Bone marrow failure clinic patients: Call 617-355-6363 and ask for the hematology provider on call.
Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies.