Many patients require surgical procedures as a part of their comprehensive cancer care. At Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center, patients are treated with compassion and skill by highly trained, specialized surgical oncologists with years of experience in surgery and cancer care.
The cancer surgeons at Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center provide comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for adult patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Our internationally recognized, multidisciplinary team of board-certified surgical oncologists performs over 7,500 cancer-related operations per year, and sees patients for more than 25,000 outpatient visits.
Patient-Centered Care From a Multidisciplinary Team of Experts
When you choose Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center, you'll benefit from:
- Deep expertise in surgical oncology. As one of the most experienced surgical teams in the nation, we perform oncologic and reconstructive procedures for many thousands of patients every year.
- A multidisciplinary team providing patient-centered care, based on each patient's unique situation.
- Internationally recognized surgeons who are faculty at Harvard Medical School.
- Staff of the world-renowned Brigham and Women's Hospital Department of Surgery, which performs over 28,000 surgical procedures each year, making use of:
- One of the largest, most experienced minimally-invasive surgical services in New England.
- Robotic-assisted surgery (da Vinci surgical system).
- Image-guided surgery (AMIGO suite).
- Research breakthroughs and clinical advances by surgeons who are also world-leading physician-researchers – including, but not limited to, investigators in the BWH Surgical Oncology Lab.
- Patient care delivered with the compassion, dignity, and comfort that you deserve.
- A personal touch. We work closely with you, reviewing your goals and alternatives, providing the consult you need to make the right surgical decision.
- Our personalized services are offered in a safe and caring environment, taking advantage of the full range of services of our top-ranked medical and research center.
- A full range of after-care services, such as nutrition services, social work, support groups and seminars, speech and swallow therapies, and many others.