Dana-Farber and our affiliated physicians are contracted with an extensive list of local and national health plans and participate as in-network of providers. Even if your plan is listed below, it is important to learn how your benefits will apply at
Dana-Farber. Many health plans require primary car physician (PCP) referrals and/or health plan authorizations for coverage of health care services. Most health plans require patients to pay for a portion of their health care services.
We encourage you to contact your health plan to better understand these details.
If your health plan requires a PCP referral, we recommend that you reach out to your PCP to initiate the process of obtaining a PCP referral and approval for services at Dana-Farber.
Accepted insurance plans
Dana-Farber may not be in-network for all products offered by these health plans. This list is not specific to individual product offerings and is subject to change.
Health Plan Companies
Aetna Open Access HMO/POS
AllWays Health Partners
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
Blue Cross Blue Shield New England/Access Blue New England
Community Health Options
Harvard Pilgrim HMO/POS*
UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Networks
Aetna Health Institute of Excellence
Coventry Transplant Network
Health Value Management/Humana
INTERLINK Health Services
OptumHealth Care Solutions
Protocol Tertiary Networks
One Care (combined Medicare and MassHealth)
Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA)
Tufts Health Public Plans Unify
Senior Whole Health
Health Safety Net
Medicare A&B, Managed Medicare or Medicaid***
*These payers have products that limit access to in-network hospitals and Dana-Farber is not in-network, such as HPHC Elevate and Tufts Direct. Please check with your health plan to verify that Dana-Farber is in-network for your specific health
plan product and if referrals are required from your PCP.
**Dana-Farber is in-network with the following MassHealth plans. Most plans require a PCP referral to come to Dana-Farber. If you have questions about your MassHealth plan, including if you are interested in changing your health plan product, you can
refer to their website, https://masshealth.ehs.state.ma.us/StateForms/, or call 800-841-2900.
- Tufts Health Public Plan MCO
- Tufts Health Public Plan Atrius ACO
- Tufts Health Public Plan BIDCO ACO
- Tufts Health Public Plan CHA ACO
- Tufts Health Public Plan Boston Children's ACO
- MassHealth PCC
- MassHealth PCC with Comm Care Coop (C3)
- MassHealth PCC with Partners ACO
- MassHealth PCC with Steward ACO
***If you have Medicare Part A only, you will need to enroll in Medicare Part B to be covered for outpatient services at Dana-Farber. If your health plan is a Managed Medicare or Medicaid product, please check with your health plan to confirm that Dana-Farber
If your product is not listed or if you are unsure whether your health plan will cover services at Dana-Farber, please contact your health plan using the number located on the back of your health plan insurance card.
International Health Plans
Quality Health Management (QHM)
For international patients, Dana-Farber works collaboratively with Brigham and Women’s Hospital in caring for adult patients, and with Boston Children's Hospital in caring for pediatric patients.
Through these relationships, we ensure that clinical care, travel, and logistics are coordinated across our organizations. To hear more details, please contact a Dana-Farber Financial Counselor at 617-582-9820.
Understanding your insurance policy
Each insurance policy is different; you should contact your health plan to understand the details of your specific policy. They can inform you of the important details related to your coverage for your care provided by Dana-Farber, such as in-network
and out-of-network coverage, PCP referral requirements, and expected financial responsibility, including copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximum expenses.
Dana-Farber will bill your insurance company, then bill you directly for your out-of-pocket responsibility and services not covered by your health plan based on information and remittance we receive from your health plan.
Questions to ask your insurance company
Use these questions as a guide when you talk to your insurance company about your coverage:
- What type of insurance plan (HMO, POS, PPO) do you have?
- For HMO/POS plans, confirm that the PCP on file with your health plan and Dana-Farber is accurate and update if necessary.
- Do you have more than one health plan coverage?
- If you have more than one health plan coverage, confirm that all health plans and Dana-Farber have accurately ordered your primary and secondary coverage. This is referred to as Coordination of Benefits (COB).
- Some health plans require their members to provide specific documentation of the COB and may not cover services until this is completed.
- Is Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in-network with your health plan and product?
- Your health plan may ask for Dana-Farber's NPI or tax ID number:
- NPI: 1851333686
- Tax ID: 04-2263040
- Does your plan require a PCP referral?
- Do you have benefit coverage to receive out-of-network services? Does my PCP need to submit a request for approval to cover services at Dana-Farber?
- What is your out-of-pocket expense, including co-pays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximum expenses? Does this differ for in-network compared to out-of-network? If so, would your health plan consider covering your care at Dana-Farber at
the in-network financial responsibility level?
- Will you be covered for any testing, pathology, or radiology services that may be incurred as part of my initial consultation with a Dana-Farber physician?
- Does your health plan offer any additional coverage for travel and lodging benefits for transplant or cellular therapy services — through special networks or programs?
Other partnering providers
A portion of your care may be provided by one of our clinical partners, which is specific to your Dana-Farber location. In Boston, Dana-Farber is very closely aligned with Brigham and Women's Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital. We also provide adult services at several satellite locations. Each provider will work with you in understanding your health plan coverage for their services.
How we help
Our Financial Counselors are ready to guide you every step of the way as you consider Dana-Farber. Whether you have questions about coverage, price estimates, or MassHealth applications, a Financial Counselor can help you sort through the details and
steps needed to make your financial arrangements go smoothly. Our Financial Counselors can be reached at DFCIAccessFIO@partners.org or 617-582-9820.
If you have questions about a bill/statement or would like to set up a payment plan, please contact one of our Patient Billing Solutions representatives via email at email@example.com or at 617-632-3795. Patients may set up a zero-interest monthly payment plan for any balance over $100, even a bill for a health insurance co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible. Payment plans' duration is limited based on the total
active amount owed to Dana-Farber.