Banana Breakfast Bites
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix all contents together.
- Roll dough into golf size balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake in oven until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- *If unable to use ripe bananas, soak oats in apple juice for 30 minutes and then rinse in water and pat dry.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.