Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (or strawberries, blackberries or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup of honey (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Blend blueberries, honey and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add yogurt to blueberry mixture in blender or food processer and mix until combined.
- Pour blueberry and yogurt mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into a freezer-proof container (shallow metal pan or glass container). For soft serve consistency, freeze 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. For solid ice cream consistency, freeze for 1 to 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in a container in the freezer. If frozen yogurt becomes too solid in freezer, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes until desired consistency is met.
Source: Katelyn Castro is a nutrition volunteer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and student in the dietetics program at Syracuse University. Katelyn has a passion for cooking and sharing fresh seasonal recipes with friends and family that are both flavorful and nutritious. Recipe adapted from eatingwell.com.
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.