- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15 ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until tender. Add cumin.
- Warm beans in a saucepan.
- Whisk eggs, then pour over sautéed vegetables. Carefully stir until eggs are soft and well scrambled.
- Heat tortillas in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with one quarter of the eggs and beans. Top with choice of yogurt or sour cream. Add salsa to taste.
Source: What to Eat Now, The Cancer Lifeline Cookbook by Rachel Keim and Ginny Smith
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.