- 3 pounds broccoli crowns
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar rice wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Arrange broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam until crisp-tender. Cool in ice water.
- Mince garlic and slice scallions. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic, tarragon and dry mustard and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk until blended, cool off the dressing.
- Toss broccoli gently with dressing. This dish can be served cold or warm.
8 servings (about 1 cup)
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.