Butternut Squash and Bean Salad
- 8 cups mesclun salad greens
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup black beans (canned, rinse before adding)
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned, rinse before adding)
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly cracked)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice butternut squash and lightly coat in 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Roast on a sheet pan until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Remove squash from oven and let it cool.
- Place 2 cups of mesclun lettuce in a large bowl to mix. Add the 1/4 cup butternut squash, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 1 tablespoon raisins, 1 tablespoon goat cheese and two slices of red onion.
- Add ingredients in three more batches. Drizzle dressing over each batch of the salad. Mix until well-dressed and serve.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.