Cheesy Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, unsalted
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste, unsalted
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, low sodium
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, low sodium
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, low sodium
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons cilantro, fresh or dried
- Sauté onions and garlic with olive oil in large pot over medium heat until onions are soft and transparent.
- Add flour and chili powder and coat the pan.
- Drain and rinse all 3 beans. Add beans, diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, corn, broccoli, and broth to pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry pasta and cover over medium heat until comes to a boil. Let simmer 12-15 min until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese and stir prior to serving.
- To serve, sprinkle cheese on top using remaining 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon cilantro per serving. Serve hot.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.