Cranberry Apple Oat Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, washed and stems removed
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flour, flax seed, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, oil, and vanilla. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and apples just until combined.
- Distribute batter evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.