Eggplant Ricotta Bake
- 3 eggplants
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 large, fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place parchment paper onto baking sheet.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/3-inch circles. Place on baking sheet.
- Put a few grains of salt on each slice.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- Combine the cheeses.
- Combine wheat germ and spices.
- Drizzle olive oil on bottom of a large baking pan.
- Layer ingredients this way: eggplant, wheat germ, cheese, tomato, eggplant, tomato, wheat germ.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.