- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 ounces minced onion
- 3 ounces minced green pepper
- 4 ounces minced cucumber
- 2 ounces minced celery
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium V8 juice
- Peel cucumber, scrape out seeds with a spoon.
- Scrape out tomato seeds with a spoon.
- Finely chop up 1/2 of the cucumber, tomato, onion, green pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- Blend the other half of the vegetables with the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, black pepper, worcestershire sauce, and V8 juice.
- Place the blended food into the bowl with the finely diced vegetables. Stir well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours; add in the dry parsley and chives 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with nonfat sour cream or yogurt.
4 servings (1 cup)
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.