Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 cup peaches
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup brewed green tea, chilled
- Peel, slice, and freeze half a banana.
- Brew green tea using 1 1/2 cups of water. Let cool to room temperature or in refrigerator.
- Blend peaches, frozen banana, spinach, honey and green tea until desired consistency.
- Drink immediately or freeze and re-blend mixture to enjoy later.
2 cups, 1 serving
Source: Natalie Lowell is a volunteer at Dana-Farber and graduate of Simmons College with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. She is an aspiring doctor, hoping to remind people to celebrate food and all the health benefits it has to offer. Her mother is a nurse at Dana-Farber and inspired her to pursue a career in healthcare.
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.