Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup local maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla extract, applesauce, and maple syrup. Stir in zucchini and carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Fill muffin tin 3/4 full and top with pumpkin seeds and bake for ~20 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.