Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can chickpeas, canned, drained, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 and 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ounce (30 g) 120 stevia chocolate baking chips
- 1 graham cracker, honey, chopped
- 1 ounce peanuts, chopped
- Using a food processor, add all ingredients (except chocolate chips), process until smooth like regular cookie dough.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Rough chop peanuts and graham crackers.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-size balls and roll in graham cracker and peanuts. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
14 energy bites
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.