Pumpkin Mousse with Oat and Pecan Crumble
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 6-ounce low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2-pound liquid egg whites (~2 cups)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 12-ounce can pumpkin, unsalted
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2-quart old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dry roasted pecans, unsalted, chopped
- To make the mousse: beat together cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, spices, and lemon juice until no longer lumpy.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in cold mixing bowl and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in whipped egg whites to pumpkin mixture and chill.
- To make the crumble: melt margarine in a sauce pan, then add brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add oats and pecans and stir to coat. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve mousse with cooled crumble on top.
8 servings, 1/3 cup each
Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.