Pumpkin and White Bean Hummus
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 1 can chickpeas (or use dried)
- 1 can white beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Prepare to roast the sugar pumpkin by slicing off the top and removing seeds* and stringy flesh.
- Cut pumpkin into quarters. Place flesh side down in a baking dish with 1 inch water on the bottom.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 50-60 minutes until skin is dark and lifts easily off the flesh. Scoop flesh into bowl and let cool.
- Drain and rinse canned beans, then place in blender or food processor. Add tahini, garlic, salt, pumpkin pie spice and water. Blend at high speed and add olive oil while mixing. Add additional olive oil or water as needed to get a thick smooth consistency. Keep refrigerated.
*Roast the seeds for a healthy treat.
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.