Red Rice Fiesta Beans Salad
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red and green bell pepper (each), seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooked red (or brown) rice
- 1/2 ounces honey lime vinaigrette
- Toss onion, tomatoes, and peppers in olive oil. Place on large sheet pan and place in 450 F pre-heated oven. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn and season by adding all the spices, salt, sugar, dressing and cooked rice. Toss well.
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.