Sauteed Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans, trim the ends with the stem
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 lemon, lemon zest
- Pre-cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When tender, place the beans in iced water, drain, and reserve.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add minced garlic and cook gently until the garlic begins to color slightly.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon (or more if you like) of pepper flakes, chopped rosemary and the zest of 1 lemon. Sauté briefly to mingle the flavors and then add the beans. Continue to cook until the beans are hot and nicely coated with the seasonings.
- Squeeze lemon over the top.
6 servings (3/4 cup)
Source: Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center
Delicious and Nutritious Recipes
Our recipes are developed by Dana-Farber's staff of registered and board-certified dieticians. They feature a varied selection of dishes – including a few sweet treats you don't need to feel guilty about.
Our nutrition experts help patients follow a healthy diet during and after cancer treatment. They have special training in oncology and nutrition.